Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Turns Out You MIght Not Get a Demon From Doing Yoga

So seriously, i just discovered this the other day (see title if you dont know what im talking about).... but before i can expound, I need to share the context - because you got to know the context.. Let me share what my childhood was like.

My mother (gotta lover her) was a classic 80's moms who was terrified of any of this new-agey weirdness hitting the scene (wooo!). Anyrate, in mother's world, which i comfortably (sort-of) grew up in the midst of (she threw away some of my games ), was one where you were in constant fear of being deceived and posessed. Not necessarily so forcefully - but a nice slow subtle kind of a way (more like the, drinking a good tasting soup until you realize there's a dad rat in the bowl but "ITS TOO LATE BECAUSE YOU ALREADY ATE IT ALL!! BWAHAHAH!! YOUR SOUL IS MINE" sort of way ).
The demon it turns out you're not going to get
 Anyway.. yoga, tai-chi (actually tai-chi wasnt even a thing yet), D&D, all this stuff was bad. My mother went so far as to "get worried" about me because of some candles in my room (i was kind of into the candle thing for some reason, and mom thought I was worshipping something)... ... now before i go on I want to say to you to shut the fuck up.. because that's my mom your judging. Okay, thank you.. moving on.

 SO anyway, all this is context. What's the bottom line? 25 years later and I heard that my mother is thinking about taking yoga and tai-chi classes. NO big fucking deal EXCEPT that MY MOTHER IS TAKING A FUCKING YOGA CLASS. You gotta understand the gobsmackedness of this in my mind. Not that I think yoga is evil, but that my MOTHER (my mother) doesn't. What the fuck is wrong with the world? Shits not supposed to change that much in a person's life. My gawd... i havent been this fucked up in my head since I found out my dad switched to Diet Coke.. what the hell is the world coming to?... *sigh* . life changes i guess.

Well, at the end of it all, mom still "doesnt like" my D&D books in her house.. so at least there's some comfort there.

No comments:

Post a Comment