Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

All You Lying Bitches

Words are funny.. they dont always necessarily mean what you think they mean.

For example,
  • "ive been waiting a million years"
  • "I feel like shit"
  • I didn't hit your mom (I merely bitch-slapped her)
My hypothesis is that most people use words allegorically to express deeper meaning and emotion without regard to validity of expression (wuh?...) . This is why I can say to you "it feels like you stepped on my balls with cleates and then dug in while singing the national anthem in spanish", when it doesn't really feel like you are stepping on my balls with cleats and digging in while singing the national anthem. Rather, it merely felt like you were abusing me with no regards for my feelings .

HOWEVER, that's not the point of this post. The point has to do more with the concept of lying and truth. I am a firm believer that most people don't outright consciously lie (although you mother-fuckers are out there), but rather use words to describe their reality (or justification) for their actions, their worldview, the reasons they do things. Their words may techincally be lies, BUT (big butt) they probably make sense in the context of the speakers rationale - no matter how fucked up that rationale may be.

Which kind of comes to my point... classical understanding of "telling the truth" and "lying" may not make as much sense today as does... say.. seeking to understand, engaging in another person's worldview, and finding the most loving way to respond. *Gasp* Good lord no... Has it really come to this?

No comments:

Post a Comment